Full Job Description
*This is a remote full time position*
We are looking for a content creator to join our onsite content team to assist in the research, outlining and creation of content products for our client’s websites. This is an opportunity for a talented writer to grow or expand writing, SEO, and content strategy skills in an autonomous remote environment.
The ideal candidate for the Digital Content Writer position has a proven track record of creating valuable and relevant written digital content. A successful candidate will be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines. The candidate chosen for this role will work closely with our Content Strategists and editorial team to create a range of onsite products that we offer.
The right fit for our team is someone who has experience writing for the web that is interested in learning and growing their existing skill set. We provide foundational training for the position and existing SEO experience is not required. However, preference will be given to candidates with applicable job experience and proven track record in the following areas:
- Experience using SEMrush or similar keyword research tool
- Can perform audience/competitive research
- Understand the purpose of onsite content with respect to SEO, client goals, and measurable KPIs
- Knowledge of link building and SEO best practices
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Demonstrable, professional writing experience for clients
- Successful experience working in a remote setting
- Create highly professional copy
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO best practices to create strategic outlines and article copy
- Research assigned projects and write outlines and articles as a subject matter expert
- Optimize content to improve organic search rankings
- Work through revisions requested
- Comfortable writing upwards of 3000+ words in a day
- Must be able to manage time independently
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A strong portfolio of published online content
- Experience working within a publication team
- Complete edits in a timely manner
- Meet strict deadlines
- Follow templates and company best practices at all times.
- Prepared to learn how to use in house tools, research strategies, and SEO concepts while being held accountable to the foundational knowledge provided
- A basic understanding of important SEO elements (title tags, meta descriptions, headers, internal and external link requirements, etc).